1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Controller ?

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by DJ Contracting, Mar 19, 2007.

1. DJ Contracting

DJ Contracting PlowSite.com Addict

As some of you might have seen my post (worth the wait) you'll see that I got the SnowEx 575 and a controller, however when i was out testing the unit on the ground today (i don't have it installed yet) i could only get it to work in the blast mode, as soon as i let off the switch it motor stops spinning, anyway it came with a western controller any suggestions would be appreciated.

2. DJ Contracting

Anybody

I know that some body knows whats wrong. I have read about just putting a switch in but i would like to actually have a controller.

3. rcpd34

rcpd34 Senior Member
    from MD

The controllers for the SnowEx salters are the weak link. There are two types: those that have failed and those that will fail. I have replaced all of mine with the Karrier units. They are far superior. If you want one, drop me an e-mail at rcpd34@comcast.net.

4. DJ Contracting

I found that company online and seen the controllers they had. Can you get them for a better price than the $239.00 they sell them for?

5. rcpd34

rcpd34 Senior Member
    from MD

6. DJ Contracting

Sent

I sent you an e-mail