1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

controller

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by Hans, Jan 25, 2004.

1. Hans

Hans Junior Member
    from MO

got a question about a spreader controll

2. Plow Meister

Plow Meister PlowSite.com Addict

So, what is your question??

3. Hans

Hans Junior Member
    from MO

con

i have a meyer spreader controll , trying to figure out where the wires go . there are two red one out of the back and a place to plug one in
    where do they go

4. Plow Meister

Plow Meister PlowSite.com Addict

You should have a total of 4 wires coming out of the controller (2 red and 2 black). One pair goes to the battery and one pair goes to the spreader. Without seeing the controller, I have no way to identify which goes where. Can you take a pic?

5. Hans

Hans Junior Member
    from MO

c

two red wires are coming out of the same hole, one black wire is screwed two the bottom of the controller , then there is a female plug onthe back of the controller

6. badranman

badranman Senior Member

On mine I have the black to ground, one thick red wire to battery, one thick red wire to spreader and one thin red wire to hot (battery).

7. KentuckyPlow

KentuckyPlow Member

The female plug is the sensing. You can hook it to an always hot and the spreader will always work, or you can hook it to an accessory outlet so the spreader won't work unless the key ison.