1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

controller

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by milwaukeevtwin, Sep 30, 2011.

1. milwaukeevtwin

milwaukeevtwin Senior Member

Does anybody know if Boss makes a hand held controller for a v rt-2? I have the large box and would like to get rid of it. I do not think they do with out changing the harness? Thanks, For help
    Ron

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

As long as the 9 pin connector is still there where the rocker box connects to the main harness you can plug a handheld right in. However you will need to add the missing ground wire in the connector on the truck side for the handheld to function. Easy to add in though.

Or you can plug and play a joystick controller.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2011
  3. milwaukeevtwin

Ground

Thanks, Is there a place to go to to help show me where to hook ground?QUOTE=B&B;1315932]As long as the 9 pin connector is still there where the rocker box connects to the main harness you can plug a handheld right in. However you will need to add the missing ground wire in the connector on the truck side for the handheld to function. Easy to add in though.

Or you can plug and play a joystick controller.[/QUOTE]

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Sure right here Ron. :D

Pin #9 is where you add the missing ground. Should be the only socket that doesn't have an existing wire in it already if this is on a vee plow. Image is looking into the truck side connector. You can buy the truck side connector at any local Radio Shack and steal a pin out of it to make it easy and convenient.

9 pin plug.jpg

5. milwaukeevtwin

Thanks

Thank You for your help. Problem solved.