1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by MKC, Sep 24, 2011.

1. MKC

MKC Junior Member

It's been a while since I've been onboard, I posted a lot of questions regarding the installation of my C-9 plow. Got it all on last year, and everything went great. Questions Looking through Meyer literature and website though, thye talk about the Keypad controller, and mention only two, the square one with the raised buttons, and the pistol grip one. The one I am using is a square oen, but it's not got the raised buttons, it's all flat. It works great and all, but I was wondering if you can plug the updated versions of it in, and will it work as the same as the old one.
  2. Fourtrax250R

Fourtrax250R Senior Member

so you have the touch pad now.... yes, they make an adapter so you can use the new pistol grip or joy stick controllers. ussmileyflag
  3. MKC

MKC Junior Member

The following is Meyer instructions
    "When installing motor solenoid part number 15370 (per form number 1-883) or If motor solenoid is already installed on the vehicle, the enclosed diode part number 15059, must be connected to the small terminal white wire of the motor solenoid and to the motor solenoid mounting bracket as shown below. Note: Motor Solenoid must have a good ground in order to operate properly. The 22717 control adapter shown below is only needed when replacing a 22154 Touchpad. The orange wire of the adapter can be connected to the orange wire on the back of the plow light switch. The plow light switch could then be removed along with the black and red wires which were connected to the plow light switch. When the controller is turned on it will activate the snow plow lights. When the controller is turned off or removed from the harness this will activate the vehicle headlights.

All the instructions for all the controller read the above same statements on the soleniod, diode part and installing it. My touch pad is smooth/with no raised buttons and no diode from the small terminal to ground. In reseaching the site I think I may have the contoller part #80115. At least the picture looks like it, not the raised button switch.My lights work indenpendently of anything associated with the plow so the lights are not a consideration. Now I do have a pistol grip controller. My question is if I want to use the pistol controller, I need to install the diode and the 22717 control adapter. I could not just hook up the pistol grip or a new raised button touchpad to my harness and expect it to work. I assume that the raised button controller touch pad # is 22154. If I continue to use my current touchpad, and do nothing, unless it breaks I am fine. I hope I am not making more out of this than it needs to be. Thanks
  4. rocklandls

rocklandls Junior Member

I am having the same issue..can i just use a regular wire or do i have to get the diode?