1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Controller upgrade

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by MileHigh, Nov 12, 2008.

1. MileHigh

MileHigh PlowSite.com Addict

I have a Slick Stick that's been worked to death...

What are my controller upgrade options?..basically what fits into the plug I already have?

classic mount e-47.

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

You basically have no options as no other controller will plug into the SS connector plug. If your changing the controller style you'll have to change the control harness along with it.

3. jeremy85

jeremy85 Member
    from nh

How cheap are they?
    And what product am I looking for?

I would like to replace mine too.

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

A handheld controller can be anywhere from $200-$275 depending on what and where you purchase. Figure approx another $60 or so for a control harness.

The old school toggle setup will run you around $100.

5. jeremy85

jeremy85 Member
    from nh

damn

i'm keeping the stick till it breaks :)

6. MileHigh

Thanks..

So one of these should work if I also Buy the adapter right?
    http://www.universalplowcontrols.com/Controls_w_Adapters.html

7. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Not unless you first replace your control harness with the style for the Meyer touch pad first. Because thats the harness the UPC adapters "adapt" to.

UPC doesn't make an adapter for the Slik Stik harness, you'll still need to change it.

8. MileHigh

Gotcha,...