1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Controller status light blinking?

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by drew985, Dec 19, 2009.

1. drew985

drew985 Junior Member

The status light on the controller is blinking red and green, does this mean something is wrong? or is that normal?

2. leepotter

leepotter Senior Member

Did you try turning it off and back on? Connections up front tight?

3. drew985

drew985 Junior Member

Yes it is all connected, I've been asking around and guys with snowdoggs have said their's does it also? Still not sure.

4. CornerStoneProp

CornerStoneProp Senior Member

mine is always green when on...I would guess a faulty connection? Try cleaning the connections...

5. F-SERIES BEAST

F-SERIES BEAST Member

Mine is always green also, i agree with cornerstoneprop, it sounds like it may be one connection acting up causing it to turn red on and off, showing a fault.

6. V-Dogg

V-Dogg Junior Member

Controler

Go to Snow Doggs site,at top of page click on tech support. You can view or download all the service manuals for your model. I printed them all out for my VX85.There is a section on the controller and it will tell you what your problem is based on the number of times it blinks red.They also have service bulletin updates etc., great info to have access to, thanks Snow Dogg

7. hedhunter9

hedhunter9 Senior Member

There is also a new filter they have out that you install in the controller plug in harness.
    Had a new system that everything worked fine, but the red lights blinked no matter what.
    Hooked up the new filter adapter, and bingo... Blinking lights gone...

8. rthomas1787

rthomas1787 Junior Member
    from alaska

My light when i first connect it is flashing red. Then i turn it off and then back on and it goes to green every time. This only happens when i first hook up the plow.

9. 33yearsinsnow

33yearsinsnow Senior Member
    from ohio

As hedhunter stated they have some controllers that do blink red even though all functions work fine (a programming problem). Call you dealer and have them order a filter from Snowdogg (should n=be no charge) and this will resolve the problem.

10. rthomas1787

rthomas1787 Junior Member
    from alaska

ahh i will have to talk to my rep about this. Thanks