1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Controller Question

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by redfatbob, Dec 23, 2014.

1. redfatbob

redfatbob Junior Member

Have a MM2, 3 plug, 4 port isolation.
    Motor was running but lifting and turning hard.
    Drained and cleaned reservoir, pick up screen was clogged.
    Also the single port valve had a bulge in it, so replaced.
    Testing with a battery, all valves move correctly.
    All motor, solenoid and battery terminals cleaned and re-tightened.
    Controller has power, and will light the red power light.
    As soon as I hit any of the 4 lift/turn directions, there is a "click" from the controller and the red light goes out.
    Have another controller from another truck, same thing.
    I do not here any noise from the solenoid when this is happening.
    Any thoughts for me?

Thanks everyone.
  2. NHresident

NHresident Senior Member

im guessing u didn't have a controller problem before u serviced it I believe in cause and affect id start by taking the solenoids cover off again son the insta act and c if anythings off/touching or configured wrong also make sure the pwr and grounds for batt cable plow side r tight
  3. redfatbob

redfatbob Junior Member

Thanks NHresident, I appreciate your help.
    The controller light issue actually happened when I was lifting/turning after changing fluid for this season.
    I had figured there was more gunk in the res, so pulled that off and checked everything else to make sure it was clean. I was hoping that the power light going out meant there was an overload somewhere in the system, but really hoping it wasn't the motor.
    Long story short, I swapped out the solenoid and we are good to go.
    Thanks again!