1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

controller problem?

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by royallawn, Feb 13, 2012.

1. royallawn

royallawn Senior Member
    from kansas

ok, i have a 47 with a slick stick controller. the pump, harness and stick have all worked together for about 10 years with no problems. last year, i started having problems with the plow raising. motor runs but wont go up. every thing checked out with pump so i thought it was the stick. bought new stick, same problem. ordered new harness but in the mean time, i dug out a old 2 switch controller, installed and evreything worked great. finished the year with it. this year, installed new harness, went out today, first snow. worked great for awhile and then same thing. you can mess with the switch and get it go up sometimes. pita. took pump off, put on another truck with a 2 switch harness and works great. any thoughts? what are the chances that the new harness has the same problen as the old one? anyone? what do you think? thanks, kenny

Last edited: Feb 13, 2012
  2. tjctransport

tjctransport PlowSite.com Addict

that is why i don't use those fancy controllers. too much to go wrong.
    the twin switches are idiot proof.

3. royallawn

royallawn Senior Member
    from kansas

never had a problem with it for 10+ years.