1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Controller placement

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by WALKERS, Jan 8, 2007.

1. WALKERS

WALKERS PlowSite.com Addict

:confused: Hey felas wanted to ask the guys with manual (5 speed or 6 speed) do you have your controler fix mounted or loose. I have a six speed and I am trying to think of a better way. Any suggestions will be great thank you in advance.:salute:

2. theplowmeister

theplowmeister 2000 Club Member
    from MA

I put it on the shift lever

3. WALKERS

Mr Meister
    How did you place it on the shifter if I may ask any pictures.
    Thanks Josh:waving:

4. doh

doh Senior Member

We do them with a stainless steel hose clamp, installing them at work and all.

5. JPMAKO

JPMAKO Senior Member

6. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

Ok first question. What plow brand and which controller do they offer are you using. There are a bunch of different ways to make it work. :nod:

7. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

mine goes behind my directional, stuck there with HD velcrow, stays there all the time

8. nickv13412

nickv13412 Senior Member

like mcw, i have mine behind my directional lever with some serious velcro i picked up at the local hardware...seems to work just fine, and i like it on the left so that i can lift and go into reverse at the same time, now if we could only get some snow here in CT so i could put it to the real test

9. weeman97

weeman97 Senior Member

for my handheld i slipped the wire up between my seat and the controller stays upright and right next to my leg for easy heads up use.

10. stroker79

stroker79 2000 Club Member

here is mine. very easy to get too and i can unclip the controller form the mounts and hold it in my hand. Not sure how good it will be in the long run as I havent used it for snow yet but i do not forsee any problems. Here is the pic

[​IMG]

11. spittincobra01

spittincobra01 Senior Member

mine is on the dash behind the directional too, I prefer it there. I can shift and control the plow at the same time and that does help get the job done faster in the end... multitasking, gotta love it :drinkup:

12. WALKERS

Here is the controler I like alot of those set ups espicially the ones in the doors.
    Plus the left side does make sense. All suggestions welcome.

100_0270.jpg

13. mayhem

mayhem PlowSite.com Addict
    from Peru MA

I have a full legth console with captain's chairs so I ran the pigtail up over the steering wheel and terminated it just under the ashtray. Its totally out of sight and I just pop the handheld out of the center console when I need to plow. There is a big bin just behind the cupholders in front of my console that the controller fits in quite nicely when I'm not using it but don't want to detach it. The coiled cord is long enough to reach out either side window if I need it to.

Its a Fisher fishstick by the way.

14. Midwest BuildIt Inc

Midwest BuildIt Inc PlowSite.com Addict

here is the controller in my bronco. mounted on the shift handle...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. WALKERS

Does Boss make a controler like that one?

16. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

who are you talking to?

17. WALKERS

Small joy stick type.

18. theplowmeister

theplowmeister 2000 Club Member
    from MA

On my YJ the shift nob unscrewed and i made a flat plate to attach the controller to.

On the TJ I clamp it to the shift lever with U bolts.

Plow controler 003.jpg

Plow controler 004.jpg

Plow controler 005.jpg

19. Midwest BuildIt Inc

Midwest BuildIt Inc PlowSite.com Addict

No, Boss doesn't make a controller like that.....