1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Controller options for a Western MVP plow

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by hotsprings77, Mar 14, 2004.

1. hotsprings77

hotsprings77 Member

Anybody know if there are any options for a Western MVP controller besides the Cabcommand. Has Western always used the handheld cab controller for there MVP plows or is there something else out there to use. Thanks, mark

2. hoot

hoot Senior Member
    from SE Pa.

No options. Only CabCommand. Reason is the V requires extra logic that can't be done with the joysticks.

3. ratlover

ratlover PlowSite.com Addict
    from IL

yes, hoots right on, its the same as the fisher fishstick.....and it kinda sux compared to a boss but its ok once you get the hang of it.

4. edshipp19

edshipp19 Senior Member

When i was at the truck show in Baltimore a little while back, the Fisher booth had a new Fishstik setup that was easier to use, they also had a joystick controller as well that will be new for next year. I assuming western would also have these controls also.

5. jiriki87

jiriki87 Member

hotsprings77,
    try dropping the plow in the scopp position going about 75 mph- that might knock some faster reaction time into the controller. If that doesn't work, to BOSS.

:nono:

6. hotsprings77

hotsprings77 Member

Yep, your right Jerky87, It's too bad my truck hasn't broken down at all this winter, how many times are you up to?????????????????/