1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Controller on/off light blinking???

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by ultrafs, Nov 5, 2005.

1. ultrafs

ultrafs Junior Member

I have a new Snoway and trying to attach it this morning the on/off light just blinks a few times when I try to raise/lower it. The 12V lead into the plow has power. Couldn't find any info in the manual. Anybody know what's going on?

Thanks,
    Steve Hunter, Breckenridge CO

2. GetMore

GetMore Senior Member

I am assuming you have a wireless remote?
    If so, have you programmed the receiver?
    Did you try it from near the plow? (They used to have a problem with the antenna not picking up enough of a signal from in the cab.)

3. ultrafs

ultrafs Junior Member

It's not wireless. Attached inside the truck it wouldn't even turn on. Attached directly to the plow it will power on but when I try to raise the blade, the on/off button just blinks.

Steve

4. GetMore

GetMore Senior Member

Okay, I remember going through something like this on mine, but it has been a few months, so I'm a little fuzzy . . .
    Try pushing the on/off button, then the up button.
    If that doesn't work I'll try to remember to go out to the truck tomorrow and see what my controller does. Of course I don't have the plow here, so I won't know for sure, but I might be able to figure something out. Besides I have my manual around here somewhere.

5. ultrafs

ultrafs Junior Member

Hi GetMore,

Don't worry about it. I'll get this solved Monday when my dealer opens. I was able to plow with my ATV. (12" on a 600' driveway takes me about 30 min w/ATV). There's something wrong with the controller and nothing useful in the manual.

Thanks,
    Steve

6. Same issue

Im having the same problem.......did your dealer tell you what the problem was?

7. FORMN1

FORMN1 Junior Member

Check Your Plugs!!!

I had this same problem last winter in the middle of my route. The plow would work and then stop working, and when it stopped working the on/off light on the wired control would flash about five times. After throwing parts at the truck thinking it was the problem (alternator, battery, connectors, ect...) I lost the "I'm too proud" logic, and asked a Snow-Way mechanic. Turns out, the 4 gage wire providing the plow with power needs to be securely connected. The mechanic advised me to clean up the plug connections between the truck and plow, and spread the male pin in each plug to insure a good contact. After I did this ( it cost $0 and was so logical I am ashamed with my-self ) the plow has never acted up again, and the on/off light has't blinked after a command. If you have been dealing with a low voltage/ High amperage situation like this for some time, or a few different occasions, get ready to buy a new drive motor. I ended up having to replace my drive motor this year because it had a dead spot in it from over amping due to low voltage. Note: Buy the after-market replacement motor, It's the same motor for $100 less. Good Luck!

8. Plowinpro03

Plowinpro03 Senior Member

This is good info..i may up my alty at this point so i dont kill the survo/motor of my plow by not having enough power...

9. nbenallo33

nbenallo33 Senior Member

sounds like bad controler or brain?

10. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

To much Di-electric can use this problem, as will to loose a connection. Also check all the connections all the way to the battery. A loose nut or battery terminal can cause the same interment action. Make sure the ground is to the battery. Also make sure the receiver/main ground at the plow is tight, careful no muscle man SS bolt in an Aluminum pump housing.