1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

controller no power

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by twgranger, Feb 11, 2007.

1. twgranger

twgranger Senior Member
    from .

My controller on the boss straight blade has no power. What would i look for to be the problem? and where to look? Thanks

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

First thing to check is the power wire that power's the control harness, and the 2 in line fuses. The power wire is connected to a keyed ignition source somewhere on the truck. It could be under the dash or in the under hood fuse panel (depending on what truck and where the installed decided to get power from) This will be a red/black wire.Trace it and see if maybe it just came disconnected. Your harness will also have two 10 amp in line fuses, one will be in a red wire under the hood going to the battery. The other should be in the previously described red/black power wire.

3. twgranger

twgranger Senior Member
    from .

i found a fuse under the hood and it was good. Now you say there is another one under the dash too? the truck is a 2004 chevy.

4. jryden145

jryden145 Member

Flip the switch on top of the controller. LOL.

J

5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

It could be under the dash,plugged in to the underdash "upfitter" panel or in the fuse panel on the left side of the dash, or they might have connected it in the under hood fuse panel.It just depend's on were they ran it when the plow was installed.

6. watertownmain

watertownmain Junior Member

Could always stop into the local Boss Dealer..