1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Controller mounting 07 ram 3500

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by jdilliplane1, Nov 19, 2011.

1. jdilliplane1

jdilliplane1 Senior Member

Hey guys, I have an 07 dodge 3500 and am curious where everyone has their controllers mounted. I have a saltdogg controller and western handheld that I need to find a place for and am having a hard time finding a good spot? Wondering where everyone has their stuff mounted. I also dont have a console?
  2. Dolmar7900

Dolmar7900 Junior Member

I have a question regarding mounting my controller too. I have a 2002 2500 Ram standard transmission and am trying to figure out how and where to mount my touch pad controller for a Curtis Plow. Any ideas and/or pics would be great.

DAFFMOBILEWASH PlowSite.com Addict

I leave my controler on my lap while in use. When not I leave it hung up on the dash on the far side of the centre console. Also On the 07 I cut my dash to fit my salter control module. Took a few hours but never had an issue of tripping over wires and most people don't even notice the difference.
  4. jdilliplane1

any pics of where you put the salt module. Wish those openings were just a little wider!!
  5. Dubl0Vert

Dubl0Vert Senior Member

I'll look for some pics, I have my wires run out of the center of my dash right on the hump. The controller lives in my glove compartment until i plow, then it sits in my lap and I have enough slack to hold it while I shift too. Sits on the center seat/console when parked.
  6. jdilliplane1

thanks for the help. Might mount mine in the glovebox and just open it when using the salter. I wish that little opening was on the driver's side of the console, would be much more comvenient!!
  7. rhford

rhford Junior Member

My 06 Powerwagon

Here are some oics of how I mounted my western controller in my 06 Powerwagon. This is actually a cell phone mount that I bought on the internet. They are cheap. It mounts on the right front seat bolt and will move to any position that is comfortable. I mounted my controller directly to the top of it. If you have a nandheld controller, it comes with a foam padded clamp mount that would work perfectly with a hand held controller. In the summer, I simply unplug it, and remoce the entire controller and mount. Works good for me.
    I also included a couple of pics of my switches for my Automic LED cab lights and an additional light bar.
    Hope this helps!

8. jdilliplane1

thanks for the help, I will look into those mounts for my handheld. I think I am just gonna put the saltdogg controller in the glovebox and open it up when I need to use it. Thanks fellas
  9. Ram 08

Ram 08 Member

rhford where did you get those switches you have mounted by the steering wheel? I have been looking for a good spot to mount a couple aux switches and I really like where you have yours. I like those switches as well.
  10. rhford

rhford Junior Member

A friend of mine had those switches in his electrical box. I'll check with him and see if he knows where they came from. I don't think they are anything special. I've seen them on other web sites. I'll see if I can find them.
  11. My07Brute

My07Brute Senior Member

12. John_DeereGreen

John_DeereGreen PlowSite.com Addict

You might have already mounted it somewhere else, but I've found for my truck just shoving the controller in between the drivers seat and center seat works very well.
  13. Ram 08

Ram 08 Member

That looks good My07Brute. Unfortunately my panel doesn't have that space there.