1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

controller light

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by frue, Dec 30, 2009.

1. frue

frue Member
    from Pa

I have noticed my controller light is more of a yellowish coller rather than green is this a problem?
  2. rjnjr1019

rjnjr1019 Senior Member

should be fine, just pray that it does not turn purple,
  3. GL&M

GL&M Senior Member
    from PA

As long as it works

you should be OK. If it turns red and quits then you got a problem.
  4. Mike57

Mike57 Member

You should have your eyes tested for color-blindness. Seriously is it flashing? There is a service bulletin that requires installing a fitting between your harness and controller. Check it out on the SD website.
  5. rjnjr1019

rjnjr1019 Senior Member

I went to the site but did not know what to look for as to bulitains?? where do you find them on the site???
  6. smoorman

smoorman Sponsor

I'll save you some looking.

Look at the plug on the PLOW SIDE hydraulic harness. It has 2 big pins, and some small spins.

If it has 6 small pins, you should get a 16160602 - a no charge service part that plugs in between your contoller and harness (under the dash).

If is has 3 small pins, then you have an intermittent connection (that's the flashing lights are supposed to indicate)

1 flash - motor starter relay
    2 flashes - A valve - blue wire - DROP VALVE
    3 flashes - B valve - green wire - LIFT VALVE
    4 flashes - C valve - orange wire - RIGHT ANGLE

If everything is working, its probably a dirty connection or a loose connector.

Happy New Year!
  7. smoorman

smoorman Sponsor

8. rjnjr1019

rjnjr1019 Senior Member

Thanks scott I have the md75 and love it. I was out to my dealer in sandusky ohio and I needed to replace the snow deflector that broke off last year. was not sure if i wanted to put the same plastic one back on and he said you guys did something to the plastic or redesigned it or something ???Are the replacment stronger than the one that where breaking last year?