1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

controller is blinking?

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by vinboombats, Dec 6, 2012.

1. vinboombats

vinboombats Junior Member

I have a snow dogg EX. My controller is throwing out all different codes. sometimes it blinks 3 times, and sometimes it blinks 4 times. Does anyone know the reason for this? Also plow will turn left by itself from time to time.

2. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

This was posted in another thread by Scott (engineer of Snowdogg)

3. vinboombats

vinboombats Junior Member

I have the plow on the truck right now and it is still throwing out 2 different codes even after i reset it. And it continues to throw codes while in use. Im pretty confused.

4. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

I'd pull off the case/cover of the motor. The cartridges/valves should be right there. Look to see if there are loose connections on any of the valves. I'd also check the pins in the plugs (by your grill) on both the plow and truck side for corrosion or broken contacts.

5. blwnsmoke

blwnsmoke Member

I had this same issue.. it would throw codes 1, 3 and 4 constantly and the plow would work fine. I'd shut it off, turn it back on and it would be fine for a bit and then start throwing codes again.

Every once and a great while it would go left when trying to go up.

Long story short, my dealer was doing trial and error to see what was causing it. It was the controller, once we replaced it, it was fine and has been fine ever since. If you are getting a bunch of different codes, it is either the harness or the controller.

Scott had told me that sometimes a wire inside can get pinched and can cause this but in my opinion, it will only throw one code if one wire is being pinched.

My guess is it is your controller just like me. Take it to your dealer and see if they will put a new one in for a few minutes to see if it fixes it.

6. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Don't waste time looking for other causes just replace the controller.