1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Controller in cup holder on RAM 2500

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by Hywayman, Dec 2, 2015.

1. Hywayman

Hywayman Junior Member

Was searching for a place to put the controller and by chance, it sits in the cup holders in the center console. It is not perfect but does sit there.

Pic:
    [​IMG]

2. maxwellp

maxwellp PlowSite.com Addict

That's it Now I have to buy a newer truck. Ha Ha !!! :p

3. jhall22guitar

jhall22guitar PlowSite.com Addict

I can't see the photo, i just have a little box with a ? in it.

4. Hywayman

Hywayman Junior Member

Try THIS LINK

5. maxwellp

It shows a controller in 2 cup holders.

6. Hywayman

Hywayman Junior Member

Don't know if your married or not but just go buy that new plow. Better to ask wife for forgiveness than permission ;)

7. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

Where's your coffee go?

8. maxwellp

Yes - 27 years - she has been warned - just have not found it yet.

9. jhall22guitar

jhall22guitar PlowSite.com Addict

It worked! Thank you and thats actually pretty sweet that it fits, but someone did point out the obvious coffee issue.

10. Ramitt

Ramitt Senior Member

Well take off the handle end and then you will have an open cup holder for the coffee Thumbs Up ..For me I gotta do the old shift/hold the controller maneuver.. Actually thinkin of doing the removable door mount idea..

11. Hywayman

Hywayman Junior Member

Another idea

So here's yet another idea. A guy made up a cell phone holder in three sizes that just slides in the credit card slot. It works great for the cell phones but I got an idea about using it for the controller. Just a piece of cable management velcro tie and it holds the controller solidly in the perfect position and the cup holder is once again freed up. :redbounce

The phone holder device alone:
    [​IMG]

With the controller attached:
    [​IMG]

Side view:
    [​IMG]

12. MXZ1983

MXZ1983 Senior Member

You guys don't hold the controller in your shifting hand while plowing? I can't imagine doing it any other way..

13. peteo1

peteo1 PlowSite.com Addict

Me neither. I shift and run the plow control with my right hand and hold the wheel with my left. I drink my coffee in between stops Thumbs Up:D

14. CowboysLC_DE

CowboysLC_DE Senior Member

I need to place the holder tab on the front of the dash so it sits there while not in use but I only plow with the controller in my hand. I may try attaching it to the shifter knob.

Michael

15. lawnboy2121

lawnboy2121 Senior Member

I just made a holder out of a piece of nylon I had . It slides in that pocket snugly and when not needed just slide it out

image.jpg

16. MXZ1983

MXZ1983 Senior Member

What package do you order to get the 5 aux buttons on a newer ram?

17. lawnboy2121

The up fitter switches I don't think they where in any package . They where just an option. I ordered my truck with them last march and don't remember if they got grouped in a package

18. Ramitt

Ramitt Senior Member

I do believe they are a 150.00 option when new(trying to remember my dads list for his 2015) I think its only possible to get when you get the upgraded alt.. I know you can order the kit to install it yourself if your truck doesnt have them

19. jhenderson9196

jhenderson9196 Senior Member

The best deal on my 15 was to order the Snow Chief package. Upgrades to 18 in wheels, protection group, 180 amp alt, and the t.he aux switches. If I remember correctly it was about $600.

20. lawnboy2121

That's the package I got also but didn't remember if the switches where part of it