1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Controller Function

Discussion in 'Hiniker' started by W8N4snow, Dec 31, 2007.

1. W8N4snow

W8N4snow Member

I'm new to this Hiniker plow and wanted to know what the normal function of the "down" direction was? Mine drops fairly hard and the LED changes to orange (float). Is there supposed to be a controlled down movement so you can stop part way down (LED green), or does it just drop all the way?

BTW, We might see 6" to 10" by AM tomorrow here in the N. Western Detroit area. :bluebounc

Mike

2. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

When it is falling tap the up function this will stop any downward motion.

3. W8N4snow

W8N4snow Member

Thanks SnoFarmer. Toggle on then off. I'll plan on being quick on the stick if I don't want to drop it all the way.

4. sweetlou48096

sweetlou48096 Junior Member
    from 48096

Farmer is absolutely right, but another thing to keep in mind. When you are plowing level surfaces, you Do NOT want it in the float position (orange light should be off and GREEN light on). Use orange light on only when doing contour levels and dis-mounting the plow.

5. JEFFakaMAX

JEFFakaMAX Junior Member
    from Chicago

Unless you are plowing over gravel or something, why wouldn't you want it in float mode? Mine is always in float while actually pushing snow.

6. W8N4snow

W8N4snow Member

I thought I might have a choice in how it lowered. It seems to slam down harder than I like. Also, I might be over something I didn't want it to drop onto. To slow down the descent very slightly, can you adjust a screw on a hydraulic port or something? How about a line reducer of somekind to limit how quickly fluid is allowed back to the oil Reservoir?

7. whitehat55

whitehat55 Junior Member
    from MA

I'm with JEFFakaMAX on that one. I always push snow in "Float Mode" unless I am on a loose surface. Can't imagine why you wouldn't. You want the plow to "FLOAT" along whatever the contour of the surface you are on may be. If you are looking to lock the plow at the height it is at when pushing with the intent of scraping lower, look somewhere else. Bobcat or loader maybe.

8. DUMZ

DUMZ Senior Member

I also always use float when plushing snow unless ground is soft.

9. HinikerPrototyp

HinikerPrototyp Member

You can adjust the relief on these but i would call a dealer, you might have to large of hole in the relief valve