1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Controller Cables? ... Connectors? ... Info Please?

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by dcdlexmass, Nov 16, 2009.

1. dcdlexmass

dcdlexmass Junior Member
    from Boston

Hi all,

Picked up a used Sno-Way plow with "down pressure" this weekend ... Unfortunately only have used Fisher products for the past 20-years & new to Sno-Way products.

While going through it I noticed the hand-held controller plastic mating connector was damaged & wiring inside disconnected. Looks like it has to be replaced & or repaired some how. Then realized that the controller harness connection to the hydraulic pack was also cut, probably during the removal process.
    Looks like this connection (hydraulic pack to controller) is handled through a series of cables with connectors .. Perhaps three?
    The connectors are made of brittle plastic & molded onto the cable ... Are there better replacement units available?

Are these cables complete with mating connectors available through dealers?
    Noticed there is also a "wireless controller" now available ... Is this something worth considering & possible adaptable to my unit?

Thanks in advance for any help ...!!!

2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

3. dcdlexmass

dcdlexmass Junior Member
    from Boston

Thanks Basher ... I'm guessing you're the "go-to" guy when it comes to Sno-Way products!

I'll get the serial numbers off the frame/hydraulic unit tonight.
    Looks like the interconnecting contoller cable which runs from the hydrualic pack to where it would connect near the grille area is missing ... The connector is still present on both the hydraulic module pack & the light wiring harness.
    Then again the connector/connection coming off the hand-held controller is in need of work as well ...
    Hopefully these connector parts are available as a repair kit ... Don't want to purchase a new controller just for a broken connection piece.

Back to you later this evening!

4. dcdlexmass

dcdlexmass Junior Member
    from Boston

Basher .... Apologies for the delay.

There's a few s/n numbers on there! ....

Head frame # ACC116298
    A-frame # MTD201136
    Controller Module # 101398
    Monarch hydraulic unit # M-3590-0102

Can you tell me if a wireless controller/module is available for my set-up?
    If I’m reading the replacement possible part numbers correctly it would seem more practical (cost-wise) to either replace all of the controller connectors with standard automotive weather-proof units (re-wire) or go the wireless module/controller if possible.

Thanks once more for your help!
    Dana

5. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

You could swap them out for weather pack, or a similar connection but I would not use standard trailer type plugs. you are dealing with 5 volts and pulse signials and small frations of an amp you need GOOD quality "clean" connections. None of those systems are cheap.

Shot me a Email @ snowtech@basherandson.com and I give you a couple ideas.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2009