1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Controller blinking problem

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by Fred886, Jan 10, 2014.

1. Fred886

Fred886 Member

I have two snowdogg MD models. They are both on dodge Dakotas. The controller on the dodge I usually drive started blinking red. Four blinks then just the red status. I cleaned all connections and and the valves. Still blinks. For the heck of it I swapped the controller off the other dodge and it works fine. Put the faulty controller on my other plow and it blinks and hesitates as it was on the original. Am I safe to assume I can just replace the faulty controller? Thanks

2. Fred886

Fred886 Member

So I ended up buying a new controller. Plug in the new controller, press the left button take my hand off, controller goes dead. Turn back on, press the plow to go right take my hand off, controller shuts off again. Turn it on again, press up, controller goes dead again. Tried it on both trucks. Controller would shut off after one motion. Bring it back to dealer I got it and said they can't accept it as a return due to policy, which I understand. I literally have had the new controller for less than 12 hours, called buyers and they said they would call back. So now I have two controllers that don't work

3. White Gardens

White Gardens 2000 Club Member

I would think that buyers will warranty the new controller, and I don't understand why the dealer won't warranty it..

4. Fred886

Fred886 Member

I'm supposed to hear back from them Monday so I'll let you know the outcome. I love snowdoggs. Would think it would be an easy resolution since the new controller was faulty.

5. White Gardens

White Gardens 2000 Club Member

I really like my HD75 on my F-150. Awesome residential and light commercial rig. Really happy with the Jack that comes with the plow, the excellent scrape, the grease points on the pivots and the SS moldboard.

For the price, which was 2k less than a comparable model with a SS moldboard, it can't be beat.

Now, is there some "cheap" aspects about the Buyers plows? Maybe, especially when I've seen complaints about the lights breaking and controller issues. But over-all, I'm extremely happy with the performance of our snow dogg plow.

6. MajorDave

MajorDave Senior Member

I would have flipped out on the dealer! You buy something, give him your money - it does not work - you return a few hours later and they cannot take it back - BS! Cannot understand that!

7. Fred886

Fred886 Member

I've heard all the support and how buyers stands by their products. Hopefully they resolve it.

8. smoorman

smoorman Sponsor

Was this taken care of?

9. Fred886

Fred886 Member

Still waiting to hear from the rep. Called Friday morning and followed up Monday morning, said they were waiting to call the distributor I got it from. I hope I hear from them tomorrow. I've lucked out with no snow so far this week. The controller is considered an accessory so it falls in the one year warranty, right? Thanks

10. Fred886

Fred886 Member

Snowdogg is sending me a new controller in the mail. Must be a common problem. Another dealer of snowdogg said they went threw three controllers with the same issue.