1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Controller and headlamp question:

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by SharpBlades, Oct 7, 2014.

1. SharpBlades

SharpBlades Senior Member

Starting to get ready for this winter and I have a couple questions...

First off: One of my xtreme vee controllers started acting up at the end of last winter... the blade control buttons would stop working intermittently... sometimes up or down, sometimes left or right. I could usually get the controller to start working again by tapping it on the steering wheel, or turning it on or off. Is there a test that can be done by me or the dealer to see what is failing? I'd rather not spend the money on a new controller if it is just the board or something...

My next question is about an older MM2 3 plug... last year I went to adjust the headlamps, and broke the stud off one lamp... I'm thinking of replacing them with intensifires, but I wanted to know first if that is a lot of trouble? or is it as simple as mounting the new lights and plugging them into the truck?

Last question, does anyone have recommendations on where I can get the best price online for XV cutting edges?
  2. seville009

seville009 Senior Member
    from CNY

I had a western controller go bad intermittently; was due to the wires inside the controller being a little too short (so i was told) snd the warm/cold would make them expand and shrink just enough to lose contact (and not work).

Mine was still relatively new at the time (2008) so the desler soldered new wiring in the controller. It worked fine until last winter when it started acting up again. I just sewtched to a spare controller that i've had in the truck since 2008.
  3. chevyzrule810

chevyzrule810 PlowSite.com Addict

As far as the controller goes I have heard of the circuit boards going bad as on them.I have seen the boards on eBay.And the lights, you will have to look at the headgear.The earlier mm2 headgears only have one hole for the lights.If that is the case then you will have to get a bracket fisher sells to use those lights.The lights are grounded to the negative stud on the motor so you will have to remove that.Cut all the zip ties holding the light harness to the headgear
  4. chevyzrule810

chevyzrule810 PlowSite.com Addict

And the cutting edges I would find someplace local and get one there.It may be cheaper online but you also have to include shipping cost.Where I get my cutting edge from they also sell them with bolts.