1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

control wiring

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by LILsnowblazer, Jan 2, 2010.

1. LILsnowblazer

LILsnowblazer Junior Member

can anyone help me wire my switches on my plow? im having a hard time with it. just need some guidence i guess.

2. TJS

TJS PlowSite.com Addict

Provide more information and then we can help. Ex. what pump and plow make do you have.
    T.J.

3. LILsnowblazer

It is a meyer e47. I know that the black is right, green doen snd red is up but the wires on my 2 two toggle switch do not correspond. The motor does not power up wen I it the switch. I've been looking for a wiring diagram but have been unsuccessfull

4. no lead

no lead PlowSite.com Addict

what type of switches do you have? for up and right you have to energize the valve and solenoid at the same time.

5. LILsnowblazer

I have an old dual switch electro touch...wat do u mean I have to energize both? I have the ignition wire as well as the power to thr solenoid both hooked up to the controller

6. no lead

to make the plow go up you must power the red wire-b coil and energize the solenoid at the same time. the motor and valve have to energize at the same time. how many posts are on the back of each switch?

7. LILsnowblazer

There are 4 posts on each one. There is on where a wire is jumped from one to the other switch and I have the ignition wire hooked to it and there's red wire at the top on the up/down toggle in which I have the wire ran to the solenoid

8. no lead

go to the meyer banner on the top of this page. click on it. go to tech service in the upper right. click that. download your manual.

it will show when each has to get hot for each function.

9. LILsnowblazer

I tried already. Couldn't find what I needed

10. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Here give this a try...

Dual toggles1.jpg

11. LILsnowblazer

I found that earlier and printed it off...but its like...to generic...I can't comprehend exactly what goes where..damn I'm getting so frusterated

12. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

13. no lead

this is really easy. look at the picture a little more. power in the center. up switch needs power out to valve black wire and solenoid white at the same time. to angle right green and white must power at the same time. for left just the solenoid needs power.

14. LILsnowblazer

Thank you sooo much for all of the help...that last one did me good..got it. Thanks again!

15. no lead

:salute:...

16. brys69camaro

brys69camaro Junior Member

help help help please

i have a meyers plow just picked up! need help wiring the controler its a electro-touch(meyers) control with six wires blue,red,black,orange,white an green. i have evrything eles hooked up right and can run a jumper and it all works. but not with control it goes wrong ways or just dont work. i have tryed wires different ways and still not right...any ideas cant find a wiring diagram on it!

17. brys69camaro

need help on meyers controler with six wires please

18. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Should be what you're looking for: Diagram

19. brys69camaro

thank you. yes thats what i needed

20. w4hyi

w4hyi Member

hey b&b how about a pic of a slick stick wiring in color the one with out the moled plug old style