1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

control settings polycaster

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by a&j lawncare ll, Jan 21, 2014.

1. a&j lawncare ll

a&j lawncare ll Member
    from ct

what does ever one run for setting on there polycast? how far open is the gate and what speeds you running and what you are running thought it... i personal have my gate open on the 3rd notch and convey about half way and spinner as needed ..running straight salt..

2. jrs.landscaping

jrs.landscaping Senior Member
    from Maine

Conveyor on three

Salt door all the way open

Spinner half

Run between 5 - 15 mph

3. Ajreeves

Ajreeves Junior Member
    from Nh

For me it depends on the conditions and what type of area I am salting. I am constantly adjusting the spinner and conveyor speed. Generally the gate is on the first or second notch. Running straight salt.

4. potskie

potskie Senior Member
    from Ontario

Gate notch 2 and conveyor 3 spinner 2 - 3 to start and adjusting as necessary. I drive at around 25KM/h

5. andersman02

andersman02 Senior Member

We use a Western Tornado but I believe they are very simular. We run at notch 2 on the openning, conveyor at 7 and spinner full or less depending on area.

Question for you guys, are there any settings that help with coverage? Im getting more towards the driver side at the moment

6. potskie

potskie Senior Member
    from Ontario

More to the drivers side is par for the course for these. Mine does it, Both my friends Tornados do it and my friends blizzard version does it. But I did find this season after I backed into a snow bank pretty hard and pushed the spinner in a bit, now that the chute is almost centred over the spinner like we are talking damn near touching the shaft. it's a lot more even. Always a silver lining to found I guess.