1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

control modules meyer

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by toddon22, Jan 24, 2010.

1. toddon22

toddon22 Member

is there anyway to test my meyer control modules for my lights? i think they may have blown but i don't know how to tell if they have or not. can someone help me?

2. wellnermp

wellnermp Senior Member
    from Alaska

Which ones do you have? The newer ones actually come apart with a couple of screws so you can change the fuses inside. With the older ones it seems like I went through at least 1 a season, so I just kept spares on hand.

3. toddon22

toddon22 Member

they are actually off my 2003 plow

4. toddon22

toddon22 Member

they are actually off my 2003 plow but i don't know how old the modules actually are. should i just be able to unscrew them and open the module?

5. wellnermp

wellnermp Senior Member
    from Alaska

Yeah, if they're the new ones there will be a couple of black screws through the yellow top. If they're from 2003, they're the older style, and I don't know how to check those to see if they are fried. Did you lose both of the lights at the same time? If so it seems unlikely that both your modules would blow at the same time, but I guess anything is possible.

6. toddon22

toddon22 Member

both of my lights are not working. i considered it might be a wiring problem but i've checked and rechecked again and again and can't find anything that has been mis wired so the modules are my last hope. if the driver side module has blown do you know if that would effect the passenger side module in anyway?

7. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

You can test the modules with a test meter or test light and this document showing the pinout functions.

8. toddon22

toddon22 Member

ah thanks a lot i appreciate the help