1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Control Module Problem????

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by jkiser96, Dec 1, 2011.

1. jkiser96

jkiser96 Senior Member

I have a 97' F-350 with the 351 that ha sdecided to act up from time to time. I will be running down the road at a steady speed & this will start running real rough & have no power. I took it in & had a buddy put his scanner on it & it shows a 212 code. This code has something to do with the control module but not 100% sure what. I am looking for some ideas or if someone knows exactly what this means. I am about ready to go buy a new control module that goes on the fender to see if that helps. Any help is greatly appreciated.

2. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

Check all the connection's to it. Put Dielectric grease in them to protect them. Check all the connections of sensors that feed that sensor. Once again clean and protect with the dielectric grease.Clean all your ground connections body and engine and protect with D E grease. See if that makes a difference. No change, then replace the control model. I hate to replace big dollar stuff without testing stuff !