1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

control harness help

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by plowman_25, Nov 10, 2009.

1. plowman_25

plowman_25 Member

i have been looking for a v plow control harness for the number 1 port...i found one on craigslist and the guy sold it to me for 100 bucks.....at the time i thought this was a good deal, since a new one is 245 at the dealer, but when it came in the mail the end where the control plugs in has been cut off....can it be repaired or am i screwed? also any idea what the part number should be, its seven pin...i have a mm2, 3 plug ez v with 4 port isolation module.

any help would be great!

thanks

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

You can purchase the housing and connector pins to repair it. Fisher p/n 56496 is the housing and bracket and 22123 is the connector pin kit.

3. plowman_25

plowman_25 Member

ok thats what i was hoping! thanks for the help

4. plowman_25

plowman_25 Member

one more question...is there any way to tell what the part is with out a tag? i can tell it is a seven pin harness and the part number tag is worn so you can't read it....i just want to make sure its the right one...any ideas would be great

5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

If it's 7 pin at the grill plug and has a connector to plug it into a 4 port Isolation module it has to be the correct one as it's the only one with those features. If it was for a straight blade it would be a 3 pin and if it was for an XV or XLS the control plug end would only have 4 wires. Process of elimination basically.

6. plowman_25

plowman_25 Member

thanks, thats what i was thinking, but there is so many different parts and numbers that i have gotten a little confused.

thanks again for the help!

7. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Your not alone with being confused with all the wiring styles available. Many out there have much difficulty with sorting through it all, especially when piecing a partial system together or doing a truck swap as DD made it way tougher than it needs to be.

You're good now though. :salute:

8. plowman_25

plowman_25 Member

yea, i love saving the money by peicing it together,but it has made it harder. i have everything now except the power cables from the battery which im going to get at the dealer later. im going to put the wiring on this morning or tomorrow (and hope everything works). it looks fairly simple, the only thing that worries me is making the turn signal splices.

9. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

The turn splices are easy. You have a GM correct? Just pop the headlamps out so you can access the rear of the turn/marker housings. Splice into the dark blue for your right turn, light blue for your left turn and brown for the markers. Solder and use good heat shrink and and you'll be ok.

10. plowman_25

plowman_25 Member

yes i have a chevy, thanks for the info on what wires to use! i'll post and let you know how it goes

11. plowman_25

plowman_25 Member

Hey B&B i have another question you might be able to help me with....

i got the parts to repair the wiring harness...new pins and the connector, now what holes do i use on the connector?

i found the wiring diagram on fishers web page, and maybe im just missing soething but it doesn't seem to show where all the pins go.

any help greatly appreciated!

thanks, drew

12. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Had a hunch you may be asking....

EZV.jpg

13. plowman_25

plowman_25 Member

Ok maybe this is a dumb question and im just missing something, but where did the number 11,12,14 come from and do any go in the center?

thanks again!

14. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Your not understanding how the diagram is shown. It's a 14 pin connector yes but only 10 are used. And the ports are numbered in rows...and from right to left. First row is 1 through 3, second row is 4 though 7 and so on. Make sense now?

15. plowman_25

plowman_25 Member

haha that makes perfect sense looking at the pic again, now i feel really dumb....thanks for all the help!!!

16. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Some things just need a tiny follow up explanation..no big deal. You have it now. :waving:

17. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

DD wiring rules!