1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Contracts

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by mike33087, Jan 26, 2009.

1. mike33087

mike33087 Senior Member

For those of you on here that ask for help writing contracts, please remember that when we send you a sample of ours we are figuring that you are bright enough to remove our information before you pass it along to your customers

I just recieved a phone call from a very unhappy customer out of North Adams, MA (way far away from me) that was pretty ticked off about some work that was done. I had no idea who he was or the company that he said was servicing his account. But there is no need for me to have to listen to some guy flip out, when all I did was try and help you. PLEASE DELETE MY PHONE NUMBER FROM YOUR CONTRACTS!!! Thank you

2. Kunker

Kunker Member

:dizzy: That's hilarous and frightening at the same time.

3. MAR4CARS

MAR4CARS Senior Member

Is it wrong for me to be laughing?

4. mike33087

mike33087 Senior Member

no its funny for sure, cause the guy felt like an arse after I told him I had no idea who he was or even how to get to North Adams. LOL

But the point is, how dumb are you to send out a contract with the wrong phone #

5. te snow

te snow Member

Funny

I don't care who you are thats funny right there.

6. QuadPlower

QuadPlower PlowSite.com Addict

LOL.

Sorry Sir, but I don't even live in the same state as you. But for the small cost of $5,000 I can come and correct the problem.

7. JDiepstra

JDiepstra PlowSite.com Addict

That is funny. It appears this offender was able to change the "make check payable to:" part though huh? No random checks from people you don't know???

8. eshskis

eshskis Senior Member
    from 4

You guys should treat your contracts as private and proprietary as you do your pricing. the last thing I would hand over, or give out is a blank contract. I don't care how far away they are. Allowing everyone or anyone to see the inside of my operation or learn how I operate is damaging I don't care where they are. Some of you guys may think this is funny, I don't... all aspects of my business I take as serious as a heart attack.

9. qualitycut

qualitycut PlowSite Fanatic

I had that happen to me. I gave a buddy a copy of my contract and they sent me a check but with his company name on it.

10. TKLAWN

TKLAWN PlowSite Veteran

Have gotten chewed out a few times for a company that has very similar name to ours. Funny thing is one of them was actually a condo complex we put a bid in on, politely told the pres we did not get your account but if we can still help please call again, he didn't know what to say oh well.:eek:

11. ogdenflooring

ogdenflooring Member

Can't fix stupid!!!!

12. Ipushsnow

Ipushsnow Senior Member

I may sound like a total Ahole for saying this, but I am always amazed at how stupid people can be. It really is amazing. Things you would NEVER imagine someone doing get done all the time. For this reason I take my company info off anything before sharing it with a person online.

13. QuadPlower

QuadPlower PlowSite.com Addict

I leave my information in in hopes that they customer mails me the check. LOL

14. ahoron

ahoron Senior Member
    from here

That's the funniest thing I've heard. "Okay, what's the problem? I see that is a problem. whats the address? What state is that in? I'm gonna need directions because I'm not your contractor. Great business plan give customers someone else's phone number for complaints.