1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Contracts

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by Henry, Jan 14, 2000.

1. Henry

Henry Member

Need help writing contracts for plowing /salting. Any help (suggestions,samples) would be greatly appreciated.

2. GeoffD

GeoffD PlowSite.com Veteran

Things I always would have in a contract.<p>Amount of snow required to plow<br>Amount of snow/ice required to sand.<br>How much it will cost to plow<br>How much it will cost to sand<br>How much it will cost to plow and sand<br>Cost if a loader is needed to move snow on the property.<br>What you are responsible for, damage to building and cars<br>Not responsible for damage to surface being plowed, or lawns and gardens boarding the area being plowed.<p>These are just some things i wouldn't want to be with out.<p>Geoff<br>

3. BladeRunner

BladeRunner Junior Member

In addition to what's already been stated, depending on the area being serviced, I require a nonrefundable deposit for service. The deposit is settled at the end of the contract allowing immediate payment for the first snow or chemical spread. usually this is absorbed in the first chemical spread as being &quot;free&quot; spreading the first time out with a charge for the material used. This also depends on the amount you require for a deposit. Generally, I require an amount equal to the lowestsnow depth that they expect you out on. (2&quot;, or 3&quot;, or whatever)

4. Ziob34

Ziob34 Senior Member

snow plow contract template

i'm in the same boat guys............anyone have an actual template i could look at??

thanks

5. scotty2222

scotty2222 Member
    from MI

No One will just show or give you there contracts.

first if they do and you just print it out and get some one to sign it they are responsible(like that would ever happen)LOL. I've only seen one out there and got some ideas from this.

Second thing start a search with the words CONTRACTS their is so much to read you will find it all. Right down all of the pointers that the different people talk about.

I hope this helps it did for me

6. FireParm84

FireParm84 Junior Member

sample contract

Feel free to email me at fireparm84@aol.com and I can send you a sample contract that I have. I do not understand why people would not share. No big secret here!

7. cody_lick

cody_lick Junior Member

would anyone be willing to post a copy of there contract but just with random numbers in so we get the idea numbers do not have to reflect what you would charge for any service

8. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

do a search... many guys have posted there contracts in the past... u just gota fine it

9. Matson Snow

Matson Snow PlowSite.com Addict

You might want to think about joining SIMA....They have contracts, Production rates,Etc..Its well worth the money spent...OK Grandview Your Up...:nod:

10. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

There is already a few similar threads containing a few contracts on here.

Here is mine, it is a smattering of several members thrown into one. I manipulated it to what I wanted as well as added some things.

View attachment Wanderer Way.pdf

11. redman6565

redman6565 PlowSite.com Addict

add payment terms and state that they're responsible for all legal fees if you need to take them to court over payments

12. redman6565

redman6565 PlowSite.com Addict

and if they want to control when you salt, then they assume all slip and fall liabilities if they fail or chose not to call you