1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by emayer23, Oct 8, 2006.

1. emayer23

emayer23 Senior Member

do i need contracts for residentials and if so what should be in this contract, and i also was wondering do i expect customers to have ther car moved if so some people have no were to park you cant park on the street or you arent getting out till april if you dont get towed, and if a cust. has railroad ties along drive or something and the plow clips it do i have to replace or is that there problem ?:dizzy: :dizzy:
  2. emayer23

emayer23 Senior Member

i guess noone wants to touch this
  3. jbone

jbone Senior Member

I dont have much experience here but I would say definitely get a contract if possible. If the customer doesnt want to go with anything in writing remember there still is a verbal agreement on whats done. It should include how much money for whats being done. For instance your trigger and wether you charge per push, for x amount of inches, etc. Also what happens if something is damaged. Its been my experience in commercial contracts that the contractor will repair damage at no extra cost for material or labor. this is just my opinion though. Hope this helps!
  4. contracts are good if they are clear,plow fri,once over weekend if 3', plow during xmas holidays,you know make sure you understand bare pavement contracts,get the full amount up front,if you don't do a good job the customer won't call you back.i always fix my damage as it is good will andgood business,you clean up your mess at home right? have fun,regards gary
  5. Rcgm

Rcgm Senior Member

Been there done that. Contracts on residential yes and no ask yourself the number 1 question. What I always ran into was you get a new customer ask them to sign a contract the look at you like you are nuts. But ask yourself this do you really need the work? If yes you might ask them to if they say no then you really need the work so go ahead and do it. But don't let them get over on you and string you along on your money.Then if you don't need the work tell them you need them to sign a contract if they say no you say bye.

Just my 82 cents

6. Clapper&Company

Clapper&Company PlowSite Veteran
    from NE OHIO

Contracts are a good thing. They will help out line what is to be done. if your contract is longer then a page, it will turn people away, around here anyway. Were good old boys, who do things on a hand shake..

A contract is only as good as your word. We use them, about 98% of the time.
  7. emayer23

emayer23 Senior Member

i need the money but if it mean the diiference between doing right or not doing it at all i would rather not do it at all
  8. mostly when i send the contract out and the client pays in full for the season i know that as long as i do a good job they will tell others and trust me , they will tell,have fun g.s.