1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Contracts

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by DOGHOUSE, Oct 25, 2005.

1. DOGHOUSE

DOGHOUSE Member
    from Alaska

Hello All,
    Well we've had our first good snow up on the Homer Hillside (13") and I was able to get a little piece of it. I just wanted to ask a quick question about commercial billing. I plan to pick a couple places up and just wanted to know if you guys have them sign a contract or just what exactly should take place. Do you guys bill 30 days out or invoice at the time of the plow. just wanted to know some quick ins and outs.

Thanks

2. digit

digit Member

Yes you should get a contract signed that describes your services.
    As far as billing some people do after each storm that way you get your money quicker . You need to find out what your customers want. I bill mine at the end of the month on a 30 day account some pay right away some wait the 30 days. Several times in January I have sent some a bill halfway through the month when we did a lot of plowing so they could see what it was going to be like.

3. NEAL

NEAL Member

Yes- you really want to use a contract. Decide what billing schedule works best for you. If it is a sticking point though to the customer try and be flexible to please them. For snow plowing I send bills out right after every event . I give commercial 30 days to pay and resedential 15 days.

4. DOGHOUSE

DOGHOUSE Member
    from Alaska

Is there any way somebody could send me a rough draft of a contract and then I can adjust as needed to fit the needs for up here??

Thanks guys for your help

5. winkhink

winkhink Junior Member
    from Alaska

email me at winkhink@yahoo.com I am a fellow Alaskan that might be able to help you out.