1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Contracts

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by ygim, Feb 17, 2010.

1. ygim

ygim Member

Do you make all your customers sign contracts? I haven't done that before but I'm thinking I need to do it now.

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Yes,but it's more so we both know what the price is.

3. mycirus

mycirus Senior Member
    from Mass

Nope, I have 30 or so residentials. I keep a book with thier contact info and the price in it. I dont have any problems. Print out bill from quickbooks and e mail or mail it to them and they pay. Almost painless. I have one trouble one that is slow paying. She has a neighbor that helps her out, only he isnt reliable. I did her once or twice last year and twice this year. She didnt pay for Jan 2-3rd so when it snowed last week I didnt do her. I am sending another bill this week with a 5 dollar late fee. If I dont get it Im out 30 bucks. But when she asks me to plow the next big one when unreliable doesnt do it, I will be happy to tell her to stuff it.

4. theplowmeister

theplowmeister 2000 Club Member
    from MA

I have 96 customers have been plowing for 23 years, never had a contract BUT you have to make sure you both understand what your going to provide and get.