1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Contracts Signed

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Stowe, Sep 16, 2010.

1. Stowe

Stowe Member

What month do you have most of your contracts signed by.
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2010
  2. Neige

Neige Sponsor

September for commercial and October for my residential
  3. wizardsr

wizardsr PlowSite.com Addict

Most of my commercial have been signed already, none of my residential's have gone out yet. Soon though... payup
  4. viper881

viper881 Senior Member

Pretty much the same over here. Some Comm. in August
  5. msu1510

msu1510 Senior Member
    from MI

still waiting on most of mine. they always seem to be end of sept first part of oct. mostly comm.
  6. forestfireguy

forestfireguy PlowSite.com Addict

We send out renewals in March/April, right after we analyze profit, then they dribble in through the year, up to our cut off date in Novemeber. We hand deliver and drop a customer appreciation gift, some get mailed as property might be local but the owner is in Florida or Cali. We start to really push snow sales in August, gennerally few new jobs signed before October, most in November. Last year we had a freaky little snow squal run through mid october, same day phone rang off the hook and renewals came over the fax all day..
  7. forestfireguy

forestfireguy PlowSite.com Addict

We're far enough into snow sales now that I see people are still reeling from last seasons heavy billingss, we ussually get snow totals in the 30" range, last year we had 56". Budgets were blown and people took longer than normal to pay, also people really shopping the price point more than in the past, a tough previous year and a tough economy are where the blame falls,I think.