1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Contracts Ended April 1 ....now What???

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by PetalsandPines, Apr 3, 2005.

1. PetalsandPines

PetalsandPines Senior Member

While the rest of the country is basking in spring warmth, the continued showing of the movie "groundhog day" is occuring in the northeast. Put the plow away for the season 2 times already and we get hit with 6" of snow today..... I always said, I can't wait till April 1 and then I can revert to pay per plow service.....Well today would have been the day for that...Now that I am actually getting paid to plow again.....NOT ONE FRIGGIN PHONE CALL ASKING WHERE I AM!!!!!!!! Only one call from a lawn customer's who's plowguy didn't show up.. You can't leave your regulars and commercial accounts hanging high and dry right?? So what did I do....Plowed all my regulars....NOT ONE THANK YOU for plowing out of contract.....SHEESSSHH!!! :gunsfiring: If it was December and it was 2", they would be screaming..!
  2. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 PlowSite Fanatic

Wouldn't a contracted site be plowed for the whole season??

My plowing contracts run from November 1 until April 30th.

We've gotten plowable snow in October, doesn't mean I don't plow the accounts.
  3. PetalsandPines

PetalsandPines Senior Member

Let me clarify this.

OK. Your contracts end on April 30....The question is, ON May 5 we get a storm , do you plow if you had a unlimited plow contract (Not Pay Per Plow)that expired on April 30? Or do you do it for free?? Do you charge for the May 5 event, even though you are not technically in contract?
  4. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 PlowSite Fanatic

No, I would not charge for the event on May 5th.

My contracts are for the entire season, regardless of date.

Obviously TECHNICALLY they would end sometime like July 1st or whatever, but that does not need to be said.

I do have an account that runs from Jan. 1 to December 31, and I don't know what would happen if they switched contractors, but that's a different thread.

My contracts are not per push, but for the season, and a May 5th storm would be the same season, much like a later October storm, even before I invoiced for the first installment for the season would be plowed.