1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Contracts coming back slow

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by mole, Oct 10, 2004.

1. mole

mole Senior Member

Seems like the contracts for me this year are coming back slow. only have 20 back out of 60. still early but I had more at this time last year. My thought is that the weather has been really nice lately. will see this week when it gets cold.

2. 04superduty

04superduty PlowSite.com Addict

it is the weather that is slowing them down. my work does sprinkler system installs in the summer and the we blow them out in the fall. people are still like, isnt it early to be doing that, uhh no, usually it snows alittle at the end of October. just wait, they will start coming in faster and faster.

3. Boast Enterpris

Boast Enterpris Senior Member

I think that this warm weather has been slowing those contracts down. I have made a few calls and reminded people that they are due back by October 31 & they said that they had forgot about them because of the nice weather & that it was to early to think about snow. What are they thinking??

4. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

I've got all of them back except for a couple. I've sent 2nd notices to those letting them know that Nov. 1st is the deadline. If I don't here from them by then, those no guarantee that I'll be able to fit them in. :sleeping:

5. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

I think the warm weather was to blame. I had sent out renewal letter in Sept with a line stating to contact me by Sept 30th. Oct 1st I designed the route with what I had and started to fill in. The last two days it's cooling down and I'm getting several calls and picking up some good, new customers.

6. snoluvr

snoluvr Senior Member
    from RI

I love the customers who wait until the snow is falling, then expect you to be there in an hours notice!!! Got to love those customers..as long as they pay.

7. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

Those customers would be paying double. :nod: