1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Contract

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by Spinman710, Oct 15, 2007.

1. Spinman710

Spinman710 Member

Does anyone have a blank contract (obviously, no contact info or pricing) that I can use to offer to my clients when I'm proposing my services to them?

I did a search and found nothing...

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

3. Spinman710

Spinman710 Member

Thanks...I appreciate it...

What's the 'snowplowing' section for?

Is the client responsible for marking off areas of potential damage?

4. grandview

I put the date of the contract is for "Nov1st-Apr.30th"

5. bribrius

bribrius PlowSite.com Addict

what, no statement saying "im promise that i wont sue the plow guy, cross my heart or hope to die." ?

:jester:

6. Spinman710

Spinman710 Member

Okay...how's this for a first crack...cut it up all you want...I want you guys to find holes in it...

Attached Files:

7. grandview

So who is responsible for damage if it was marked? I never charged for putting up stakes or for the cost of them ,plus I don't use them anyway. If you knock them down they have to pay for new ones? Why are you plowing in the entrance and exits? Same with the callbacks why push the snow there in the first place. And then you charged them for your mistakes.

8. Spinman710

Spinman710 Member

I am responsible if it was marked...I pay for my oops'...

If the neighboorhood kids are stealing the things to play 'reflector tag', I'm not paying to replace them every storm. But I see your point.

If I knock them down, that's my dime. Same goes for cutting up the lawn, I'll reseed come spring.

I did a house once that had the entrance in the only place I could put snow...(a condo)...it was only the right thing to do to shovel out the walkway, I couldn't leave it with 4 feet of snow...Hence the reason for my backdrag thread...

If they tell me to 'just put the snow over there, no one cares and I say it's okay' even though I tell him it's not...and the town calls him on it...why should I come back for free when I suggested that it wasn't a good place in the first place...

There's got to be more holes than that...this is only my second season and I want to make sure this almost rock solid, if not rock solid.

Okay...how's this for an edit...it's in excel if anyone is interested...

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 15, 2007
  9. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

I like the Plow In clause but I'm not sure you will ever plow that place again if you do. Plow stakes are for your benefit and the customers, you don't charge for them. It's your responability to know your lots.

10. Spinman710

Spinman710 Member

That's why I added the "later agreed time"...I don't want to do it, but I have done it to a car parked illegally...(church parking lot)...granted, I did the best I could to not plow the guy in, I think I left like 6-9 inches around his car, but the church sextant didn't care if I made the car the snow bank. I guess they told the guy to stop parking there all summer long...

Point taken on the markers.