1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

contract

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by SKRAM423, Oct 14, 2001.

1. SKRAM423

SKRAM423 Junior Member

I'm looking for some input on a contract I put together. I realize different situations require different contracts. But if anyone has any suggestions/comments that may help I would like to hear from you.

SNOW PLOWING CONTRACT

Name:
    Address to be serviced:

Phone:

Per Call

Plow
    Salt
    Sidewalks

Season

Plow
    Salt
    Sidewalks

Terms

Per call contracts will be serviced after seasonal contracts are fulfilled. To be paid at time service is provided. If called three times in one storm, will be billed three times.

Seasonal contracts will be serviced prior to any calls taken at time of storm. Plowing starts at 2” and stops after storm is over and driveways are reasonably clear. Time frame for seasonal contracts are from 12/1/01 - 03/31/02. Seasonal contracts to be signed and paid by 11/31/01.

Every effort will be made to provide service in a safe, professional and timely manner. In the event of closed roads, unsafe conditions and other situations beyond our control service may be delayed. Service will resume after conditions return for safe operating.

Not responsible for any and all injuries/accidents/damage on the serviced property including but not limited to trips, slips, falls, accidents, etc.

If property is sold, contract can be transferred. New contract must be signed by the new home owner. No additional charges will apply.

Photographs may be taken of driveway and surrounding area for the purpose of determining problem areas during snow storms.

I hereby agree to the above terms and prices (sign)(date)

Authorized signature: (sign)(date)

2. Mac

Mac Member

One thing I would add, β€œ In the likelihood of piles were snow is being move to become too high, the homeowner will assume the cost of removable of such piles or the service will be terminated.” I would add this because I had a homeowner last year that kept putting it off, and this would clear thing up.

3. SKRAM423

SKRAM423 Junior Member

Thanks for the input Mac.

Has anyone taken pictures of propery to be plowed? And was there any problems that arose from taking pictures?

4. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

Just for you to consider - you can get a sample contract (per push or seasonal) from the SIMA site. These can't be "cut and paste" because of being in Adobe format, but can give you good ideas to use. www.sima.org - look on the left column and click on "contracts".

5. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

Correction - I didn't realize until too late that you need to be a member of SIMA to access the contracts. Tried to delete the post, but that didn't work. I'd encourage you to join SIMA, though. It would be well worth it, especially for a person just starting out. I've made back the money it cost several times over just in potentially very costly mistakes I've avoided.

6. BRL

BRL PlowSite.com - Veteran

I'll second the recommendation to join SIMA. Also, there are only 30 days in November, so adjust the seasonal payment schedule ;)