1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

contract to per push

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by clark lawn, Feb 5, 2007.

1. clark lawn

clark lawn PlowSite.com Addict
    from NE ohio

i lost 2 contract accounts to per push this year because the last to winters were so mild. Dec. we only had 1 plowable snow so they were happy now in Jan. we actually got a winter with 6 plow events and about 8 salt events now they are pissed at me because there bill for Jan. is higher than it was on contract so they want to go back for the rest of the season to contract. told them to late for this year but remember that for next year. now they want to go to a higher trigger amount and no more salt. god are people cheap!
  2. Class Act

Class Act Junior Member

Typical....It is very frustrating..I am learning to let it roll of my back. They enjoyed their clear lot didn't they. Don't show up one time and your phone will be ringing. As for no more salt....wait till someone slips and falls......They will cry then when they see how much they will pay then!
  3. carl b

carl b PlowSite.com Addict
    from Ohio

4. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

Gotta love those cheap ass northeast Ohio people huh? I have dealt with so many lowballers, people not wanting to pay what I want, cause joe schmo down the road will do it for 10 bucks less or something. I am so going all commercial next season!!!! I hate fighting tooth and nail with residentials
  5. Turf Masters

Turf Masters Member

Go Commercial!!!

5 years ago I went all commercial.BEST move I made.If you can line yourself up with a hospital and medical buildings around it you will be set!These are the best accounts to have and also make a boat load of money.All of these sites have what we call a first flake response,which means they want salt down asap.There is alot of people walking back and forth and cars parking and none of these places want slips and falls or law suits.Low ballers don't get these types of accounts because they don't charge enough to have 5 or six trucks ready to go or the man power to drive them.It's almost like living in a Fire House.When it snow's the call goes out and eveybody goes.No please understand you just don't get this type of set up overnight.For me to get all those medical buildings and a Hospital it took about 10 years.Get one or two and give them Great Service and word will spread.Forget about ads in the paper,after being in business a long time,word of mouth will be your best advertisement!