1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Contract specifications

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by steve@moon, Aug 22, 2007.

1. steve@moon

steve@moon Junior Member

Hi all,

Sounds like a lot of us are getting ready for the deep white stuff!

We have been doing snow removal for quite some time (as a company), but this is only my second year as Operations Manager and it is my first year getting involved with the contracts. We have moved into a higher end market and want to make sure we cover all our bases.

I am curious how you all define your contract specifications. Do you start with a minimum charge and then add for additional inches? Do you have separate contracts for plowing, salting, and shoveling? Do you define "blizzard conditions"? Do you put a limit on shoveling based on low temperatures? Do you go over the top with definitions or just give broad definitions that are subject to interpretation? Do you have a lawyer review your contracts before you send then out? What has come back to bite you in the butt in the past that you did not consider to be an issue? Do you establish "best judgement" for rendering services?

Any and all feedback from you guys would be a great help. I am NOT asking about specific pricing, just contractual definitions. Our main concern is about contract presentation.

Best of luck to all of you for prosperous winter.
  2. cjasonbr

cjasonbr Senior Member
    from Mass

We charge per visit. The number of visits is entirely at our discresion (rendering any blizzard clause unneccesary). Our contract reads in 3 parts plowing-de-icing-shoveling. At the end it is stated which services apply to that customer and the cost of each. N/A is written through things that do not apply to that contract.

Search the threads. Both this topic and the other topic i replied to is covered thoroughly in the archives. Good luck!