1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Contract Run time

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by Theshoemaker, Mar 14, 2009.

1. Theshoemaker

Theshoemaker Senior Member

Hello, i live in clevealnd ohio and want to get a few contarcts for next season. My question is for what months should i run the contracts?? oct-april, nov-march, etc. Any help would be appreciated.
  2. BlackIrish

BlackIrish Senior Member

I'm not in your area but here mine run 11/15- 4/15, another option is first storm to last storm. GL
  3. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Mne rund Nov.1st to Apr 30th if it snows in May I'll plow it.
  4. smoore45

smoore45 Senior Member

My contract says 11/15 to 4/15 and that it will be "on-call" outside of that.
  5. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

I am the same as above. Once had to go out after and before the date. I love charging more for the not contract call outs.payup
  6. Ipushsnow

Ipushsnow Senior Member

Mine say one year from the date they sign, and then renews automatically every year unless they notify me in writing. If I change prices when the contract is up I have to notify them in writing. So in September I send out letters notifying them of what the price for the upcoming season will be, and if they want to cancel they must do so in writing. Most people would rather just do nothing and stick with us and pay the increase then write a letter canceling. Works out nice!

Only exception is my annual accounts, those are all three year minimum contracts. But I do have a salt increase clause worked in those.