1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

contract question

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by clncut, Feb 21, 2007.

1. clncut

clncut PlowSite.com Addict

I need a little help refining my contract. This is my third year plowing and it seems every year I do a little tweeking here and there and yet its time again for some help. My contracts are per push. My question is this.....for commercial accounts I have stated that I will plow every 2-3 inches of snowfall to keep the lot clear as possible during business hrs. What do your contacts stated when snow accumulates during non-buisness hrs and the lot does not need to be cleared as frequent. Do you just wait till its over and have a per inch price? If its a larger storm do you just plow every 5-6 inches or so. Just trying to figure out how to word my contract for next year. I was thinking of putting something along the lines of 2-4, 4-8 and 8-12 nches of snow accumulated is x amount During business hrs when plowing will be done every 2-3 inches accumulated they will be billed the 2-4 inch amount for every visit. During not business hours they will be billed for however much snow has accumulated that way Im not loosing money for prolonged time need for plowing larger amounts of snow.

2. clncut

clncut PlowSite.com Addict

3. carl b

carl b PlowSite.com Addict
    from Ohio

plowing 5" is allot easer on the truck than 10"..... so plow it every 5-7" plowing 15" in a 3/4 ton is hard on the truck... i have done it and it sucked
  4. Plowfast9957

Plowfast9957 Senior Member

It depends on the types of accounts and their needs. For example a bank usually has a 24 hour ATM. Their lot will probably need to be accessable at all times. I have a large professional building where they clearly state they want it plowed every 2-3 inches because there are deliveries and cleaning crews there most nights. As said above I would not want to plow a large lot with 8+ inches of snow on it.