1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

contract question for subbing for municipality

Discussion in 'Government Property Snow Removal' started by SnowPusherVT, Feb 9, 2011.

1. SnowPusherVT

SnowPusherVT Junior Member

should i use a standard sub contract but modified for municipal or what anyone post a copy?
    Frank

2. bighornjd

bighornjd Senior Member

Most municipalities around here have their own contracts written. The town I work for wrote up their own scope of work and specs, I put in a bid for my price, and was awarded the contract. They then had their attorney write up the actual written agreement for both parties to sign. By law, municipalities tend to need different wording and terms in their contracts than you might see in a regular commercial contract. They should have their own attorney (solicitor) who 'should' know the ropes on this type of thing and be able to advise on what needs to be included. The best part is this would come at their expense, rather than yours if you were to have your own attorney draw it up. Just make sure you understand what your signing, if your not well versed with legal documents, maybe have your attorney look it over and explain first. Hope this helps...