1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Contract Pricing ?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Dockboy, Nov 27, 2000.

1. Dockboy

Dockboy Guest

Hi Guy's,

I have been asked to bid a job and would like some opinions.

The job is a 1,200' gravel lane, about 12' wide, no curbs, and a culdisak(?spell) at the end. There are 6 200' driveways off this lane, 3 are paved.

They asked for a per event quote for the lane and one for the lane and driveways. I was also thinking about giving one for the lane and per driveway in the case not all homeowners wanted their driveways plowed.

We get on avg. around 30" of snow (although I have heard more predicted this year :) ) in approx. 3-5 events.

I was thinking about $300 for the lane and $25 per driveway with a 4" trigger, a 50% increase for 8"-12", and a 100% increase for 12"+.

I plan on doing this as a 1 man operation and have a 2000 F250 SD Powerstroke with a Western MVP "V" plow.

Your thoughts and opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Greg

2. PINEISLAND1

PINEISLAND1 PlowSite.com Veteran

3. snow

snow PlowSite.com Veteran

I'd look into a urethane edge.Vince uses his tractor equiped with a urethane edge to plow dirt roads for his town. Dino has had tremendous luck plowing gravel driveways with them on his plows. Do a search for "urethane edges" and you'll see a lot of info.

Bryan

4. Dockboy

Dockboy Guest

Bryan,

What are the advantages of a urethane blade on gravel?

Thanks,

Greg

5. Dockboy

Dockboy Guest

Did a search.

Thanks Tom and Bryan

Greg

6. Chuck Smith

Chuck Smith 2000 Club Member
    from NJ

7. cowboy

cowboy Member

I know this is a tad bit off subject but, Dockboy, what do you think of your MVP plow, thats what I'm looking into buying to styart my business next year.

Thanks
    Adam