1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Contract Pricing

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by CFMowing, Mar 6, 2013.

1. CFMowing

CFMowing Junior Member

I am new to this whole game of snow removal and would love to see how everyone prices for contracts. I have a couple accounts now, but they're just pay as it comes up.

So if you could tell me how you guys price for contracts it would help a ton for next year!
    Thanks!

2. theplowmeister

theplowmeister 2000 Club Member
    from MA

I get 12 storms a year (average over 26 years plowing)
    for paying up front I charge for 10 storms.

3. CFMowing

CFMowing Junior Member

Do you do a multi year contract so it evens out?
    Also, when you salt do you include that or is that per visit?

Thanks for your help by the way!

4. theplowmeister

theplowmeister 2000 Club Member
    from MA

year to year contract this is the first year Ive offered salt... NOT ONE TAKER ALL YEAR

5. gpservices

gpservices Junior Member
    from CT

All i can offer here is stay consistent, here in CT 2010-2011 we had a ton of snow so all contract guys didnt make out the customer did so what did they do, they swithed to pay per plow, guess what 2011-2012 season we got maybe 2 snowfalls and wow i never saw more plows and trucks for sale in my life they were hurtin bad, if they just stuck to the contrat they would of evened out so whatever you choose stay consistent it all works out in the end as long as you price it right.

6. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

I do all seasonal,and base it on about 25 plows.Paid in 5 equal payments,salt extra,

7. USESIM

USESIM Junior Member
    from KY

Contracts

It depends on your area. If you get a fairly steady average snow fall amount then a seasonal contract with equal installments is excellent. If you are like us and it varies a lot we tend to do per plow for smaller customers. Larger customers is usually by the hour and pound with salt.ussmileyflag