1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Contract pricing question

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by C & K SERVICES, Nov 26, 2015.

1. C & K SERVICES

C & K SERVICES Junior Member

I have been plowing for a while now but my question is more for the pricing end of a contract. I was contacted by a home rental company with about 65 houses that want a bid. Should I treat this as 65 residential or treat as a commercial contract with 65 locations. I don't want to over bid this but also don't want to under bid. My commercial contracts that I write usually are 1hr minimums and my residentials are 1/2 hour minimum. Any help would be appreciated.

2. FredG

FredG 2000 Club Member

I would first off go in a different direction than hourly. Do you have the equipment to handle 65 drives a couple of trucks with at least back blades. I'm assuming they are not next door to each other this is a lot of drives to me. I'm not a good bid man I get help myself. LoL I'm always higher than a Georgia pine. not good.

T&M is ok in certain situations, Maybe if you had a loader and it went out for $150.00 + should be at least $225.00 under severe conditions per hr.

Most of these guys that are willing to help you are going to want more info. Good Luck

Last edited: Nov 26, 2015
  3. KildonanSnowRem

KildonanSnowRem Member

$7,800/month.

I do seasonal so: $120 X 65.

Five month season: $7,800 X 5 = $39,000 for the season. No salt.

4. C & K SERVICES

C & K SERVICES Junior Member

What about a minimum per push most of these are less that 75 ft

5. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

That's cheap even for Canada,

Bid you full seasonal price for each property. Sounds like you will be doing a lot of driving around on this one.

6. MC94XR7

MC94XR7 Senior Member
    from GTA

Maybe its a package price. I charge per push but maybe next year will try the contract thing

7. FredG

FredG 2000 Club Member

Keep your per push accounts, If you want to add some seasonal this is okay to. Most contractors like a mixture so you got some money coming for overhead, Meaning Insurance, WC, Equipment maintenance and payments etc.

Especially a year like this. Nov. invoices been paid and Dec are in the mail or submitted somehow. In this area no snow services been performed yet. I seen one guy out with a spreader I have not been out yet.

8. KildonanSnowRem

KildonanSnowRem Member

It's cheap, yet people here want it even cheaper still. $120 is a good monthly price here.

9. MC94XR7

MC94XR7 Senior Member
    from GTA

What is a usual monthly price?

10. grandview

Sorry,thought that was the seasonal price,

11. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

You've been sitting in front of the fire too long. :drinkup:

12. MC94XR7

MC94XR7 Senior Member
    from GTA

I want to start doing contracts. I'm dying with this charging per push thing. Most of the houses out here are 4 car driveways. How much / month do you guys charge for that? I need an idea on what I should charge. I charge $30 per push on light days. for heavy days I charge $45 per push

13. grandview

What's a lite day and heavy day? Sounds like a tampon commercial.

14. MC94XR7

MC94XR7 Senior Member
    from GTA

:nono:LMAO!!!! I declare anything over 2' a heavy day

15. FredG

FredG 2000 Club Member

Just stay at the $45. on any day. If you want to do seasonal figure your average events and go from there.

16. MC94XR7

MC94XR7 Senior Member
    from GTA

hmmm... That was what I was thinking. 'preciate the advice, bud! Gonna look up what seasonal average snow falls are.

17. MC94XR7

MC94XR7 Senior Member
    from GTA

18. Randall Ave

Randall Ave PlowSite.com Addict

Your changing professions? Gynocollegy. xysport

19. ThatGuySnowPlow

ThatGuySnowPlow Member

I was just hired by a company to take on a contract. Have a meeting on Monday to discuss the current 60 contracts available and see which ones I want. I was doing residential with a snowblower for the last two years. For a 4/2 stall garage driveway I am getting 60$ per 4 inches or less anything over 4 the guy pays 75$ per push. This was his price offered right out the gate.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2015
  20. FredG

FredG 2000 Club Member

My mistake, Nov. Dec. been payed Jan. are submitted