1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Contract Length

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by BossPlow614, Feb 6, 2012.

1. BossPlow614

BossPlow614 2000 Club Member

Posted this on lawnsite as well, but I'm wondering what some of you guys' (that do service all year) commercial contract lengths are, 1, 2..3 years? Just trying to get a gauge, if you don't wanna post you can PM me.
  2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

I do 1 year contracts,some like them longer with automatic price increase each year.
  3. Turf Guy

Turf Guy Member

We offer up to 5 year contracts with CPI increase annually.... tymusic
  4. BossPlow614

BossPlow614 2000 Club Member

How many accounts do you have that are 5 year contracts?
  5. Turf Guy

Turf Guy Member

We currently have 11 sites a total of 23.5 acres of sidewalks & blacktop (Commercial, Industrial & Institutional) on five year contracts for winter maintenance. in the summer we have 23 for landscape / lawn maintenance contracts which accounts for a total of 183 acres of grounds. We also have some annual renewals and 3 yrs contracts.... All the long term (3 to 5 yr) contracts are Commercial, Institutional, Industrial or Municipal sites.
  6. PowersTree

PowersTree Senior Member

I do all residential. My contracts all auto renew. If I feel a need to raise the price, I submit a new contract. But I've learned now how to bid to get the margins I want, and haven't seen a need to raise prices lately. I mean, I would love to raise all their prices, but I'm thinking I'm pushing it for what my market bears.