1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Contract issues again

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by MidcoastMainiac, Oct 6, 2011.

1. MidcoastMainiac

MidcoastMainiac Member

A different property management company than before said back in August to send in price and contract for a renewal from last year, so I did with a 2.5% increase in price. No problems so far. Had to call and find out what was going on as they had the contract and no.s for 5 weeks now and needed an answer for other plowing projects. Said no problems will be using my services and the contracts will be out this week. Called to say to the other projects maybe next year.

Now the problem- He sent the contracts out alright. HIS contract with my contract pricing. I priced his out and I need to add about 6-800$ to each(3 of them) to make it profitable. Now I am not sure what to do as I need these and I checked with the other projects and all has been filled. I guess I have acked myself into a corner with this one.

Biggest difference is I used a blizzard clause so that I could afford to hire help with these storms.
    Last year we had 4 of these storms and I was able to hire 3 people to work the sidewalks. I guess I am not going to have that ability this year.

2. Mick76

Mick76 2000 Club Member
    from Maine

Have you called him and explained the situatiuon? Explain to him that the contract you sent him is with the pricing and expectations set forth within THAT contract.... If he wants you to "adjust" to his contract then a price adjustment will have to be made.......then do a compromise between the 2 contracts

3. MidcoastMainiac

MidcoastMainiac Member

Thanks Mick,

I knew that there was a logical approach to this, but I needed to vent as well. Seems like the renewal contracts this year have been nothing but a battle and it has been frustrating. I will be glad when the day comes when I can just do residentials.

Mainiac