1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Contract Help

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by FREDSKI, Sep 11, 2008.

1. FREDSKI

FREDSKI Member

HEY, GUYS I GOT A CALL FROM APARMENT MANAGER TO SUBMIT A SNOWPLOW BID. THE CONTRACT READS LIKE THIS:

2'-4' INCHES $
    4.5 - 6 INCHES $
    6.5- 8 INCHES $
    8.5 - 10 INCHES$
    10.5 - 12 INCHES$

HOW WOULD YOU PRICE THIS CONTRACT? I KNOW MY PRICE FOR 2 - 4 INCHES WOULD BE $150 BUT HOW SHOULD I PRICE THE REST OF THE CONTRACT? ANY ADVICE WOULD BE HELPFULL THANKS FREDDY! :help:

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

If I told you I'd have to kill you! I never like contracts where they want a price for more then 8 inches of snow on the ground. To me that means your not doing your job. Are they going to pay you base on total storm totals or every time you plow?

3. QuadPlower

QuadPlower PlowSite.com Addict

I would ask them what happens if 4.25", 6.25", 8.25", or 10.25" falls?

Not really, but I would bring it up in a nice way. It should be 2-4, 4-6, 6-8, 8-10, 10 ->

Who measures and where with that small of an increments?

There is a percentage scale some where in here if you search.
    Rate x 1.5
    Rate x 2
    Rate x 2.5 etc.

I would say that if the lot is only worth 150, it can't be that big. So larger increments would be better. like 2-6, 6-10, greater than 10

Good Luck

4. TCLA

TCLA 2000 Club Member

My though exactly. Leave it to a property manager to spec snow and ice management. They don't know how often they shoot themselves in the foot.

5. LoneCowboy

LoneCowboy PlowSite.com Addict

sorry, it happens.
    Maybe not where you live, but it certainly happens here. I've seen it snow over 6 inches

IN AN HOUR!!!!

You simply can't keep up.

Two years ago we got almost 3 feet of snow, in under 20 hours.
    And then, it was windy to boot.
    You have to perform triage and try to keep the most important places open, then work your way back out. Even with the plow up, you were plowing streets.

It happens, they need a price. It shouldn't and it's reasonably rare. But it's easy to get 6" on the ground before you can even get back. I"ve been shoveling large apartments (years ago, when i was young and strong) and we worked our way from one side to the other (big crew) and we got close to the end and got a call from my manager "hey, where are you guys? they are complaining about 6" of snow"

Ummm, we're on site, been here all night.
    We went back to the other side where we had started and there was another 12" down. and it had only been maybe 2 or 3 hours (it was a huge complex)