1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Contract Help

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by DodgePlow, Nov 20, 2003.

1. DodgePlow

DodgePlow Member

Hey guys,

It is very hard right kow for me to GL insurance. My agent told me I had to wait till January, for some reason. I put a clause in my contract that states that I am not liable for any slip and fall accidents. If the customer signs the contract, then I can not be held for any liablilty. Should I add something else or is this fine enough.

Thanks

2. CPSS

CPSS Senior Member

Check with an attorney. Without GL insurance your contract is your only defense. It would be worth the money to have an attorney draw up the contract for you. Remember, you can claim all the defenses in the world in your contract and even have the customer agree and sign it, but that doesn't prevent anyone, including the customer from sueing you. You will still have to pay all your legal fees yourself for the defense, which could be in the thousands for even a simple case.

I'd check with another insurance agent regarding the GL policy. There is no reason in the world why you couldn't add it at any time.

3. BWinkel

BWinkel Senior Member

There are other things to worry about besides slip and fall accidents. What reason did they give you for waiting until January?

4. DodgePlow

DodgePlow Member

My agent said I could get it most likely in January because for some reason the insurance company won't offer it until January.

5. BWinkel

BWinkel Senior Member

I'd suggest you try talking to another independent insurance agent. There are other insurance companies that offer GL insurance. It certainly doesn't hurt to shop around.

6. EIB

EIB Senior Member

All of my accounts require I have GL. They all have a certification of my GL ins. If it expires they are notified within ten days. IMO, I would not drop a plow without it.

Also my ins. company would not write my truck ins. with GL.

7. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

I've never heard of an insurance outfit not able to give GL! I'd try another agent. I wouldn't even think of plowin without it.:eek:

8. UDP

UDP Junior Member
    from earth

I agree! look else where... they are :sleeping:

9. imasnowpro

imasnowpro Member

I just found out from my agent Ohio Casualty who I've had for years is getting out of the snow business. Who do you guys use?

10. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

I have Atalanta Casualty.:waving: