1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Contract Documents

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by Mtyler07, Oct 31, 2014.

1. Mtyler07

Mtyler07 Junior Member

After 10+ years not plowing, I'm back in the game. Just finished up the LLC, working on insurance and need some good contract documents. The question is...should I go to a lawyer or are the contracts i hear about on SIMA good enough? I haven't joined yet to see the quality, so any info would be great.
  2. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

Why not make your own?
  3. John_DeereGreen

John_DeereGreen PlowSite.com Addict

That's what I did, and had my lawyer review it. Once he gave the stamp of legal approval, that's what I've used for 4 years. Before I start signing contracts for whatever season, snow/landscaping, I have him review to make sure that I'm still good to go.
  4. BC Handyman

BC Handyman PlowSite.com Addict

I too made my own. Get a lawyer to look it over. Every business needs it's own "rules" & wording, My suggestion is don't make it a 10+ page book of a contract, usually a few pages is enough to say what you need.