1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Contract Curiosity.

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Sno, Jan 13, 2002.

1. Sno

Sno Senior Member

What dollar amount are you're contracts worth for a 2" snow?

Im only at about 400.00 for (Keep clear accounts)

450.00 for 4" snow.

Per push.... Is that good for a first year?

Just wondering what the big dogs have accumulated in accounts.

Also, If you noticed the Keep clear, instead of 2" trigger.

I had one of my accounts change from a 2" trigger to Keep clear because we recieved 1.25" and they wanted it done anyway. Anyone else have triggers like that? Just a tad foggy on my new trigger.

Any comments?
  2. DaveK

DaveK Senior Member

Well, you didn't mention he size of the jobs.

I do have a few "keep clear" accounts, and I do charge $400. They are average drives about 30 ft long by 10 ft.

But then I may have a different amount of plowable events per year than you.
  3. Sno

Sno Senior Member

I was just curious in general, what your total contracts are worth for a 2" snow....
  4. Big Nate's Plowing

Big Nate's Plowing PlowSite.com Addict

do you mean all the accounts combined total $$ on a 2" push
  5. Sno

Sno Senior Member

Yeah, Wondered what to look forward to. :)
  6. DaveK

DaveK Senior Member

Just take what you are making now, x the number of possible additional accounts that you could physically do.
  7. Sno

Sno Senior Member

What, no braggers? :)

WHITE=GREEN Senior Member

Last edited: Jan 13, 2002
  9. SLC1

SLC1 Senior Member

A normal 2" storm we would plow/ shovel all accounts and sand/salt all accounts the day of the strom and also reapply the next morning. If we did all that we would have four trucks run for about 17 hours and loader with a pusher run about 8 hours, so that would be about 76 man hours. We would apply about 22-25 tons of material either sand/salt mix, straight salt or ice melt on walks. If we billed out the storm that way we would send out invoices for about $9,000.00 for 2". But most of our accounts are contracts so we do not get paid by the storm, we get paid by the season with a figure divided into 5 monthly payments. But when we figure out a seasonal contract we figure out how much we would charge per plowing multiply that figure by 12 which is our typical winter and multipy the sanding/ice control times 18 and that is how we figure out our seasonal total. I hope this helps. I am sure that there are alot of guys out there that make a lot more money per storm than us, but that is what we do. Just my two cents. Sorry this Post was so long
  10. DaveK

DaveK Senior Member

Well, not many. ;)
  11. landscaper3

landscaper3 Senior Member

Our roads, warehouses, office buildings, condos and such are based on season contract not snowfall amount! We get money in every month wether we plow or not! After many years of estimating snowfall and the economy we put out our prices that way. All our employees are on salary pay till spring so its much more simple for accounting aspects and our employees get a weekly check regardless.