1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

contract changed ?

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by fci, Dec 3, 2008.

1. fci

fci Senior Member

In this tough market has anyone else had their customers change their billing . I have had several change form seasonal to per push. I guess they think they will save money.
  2. ColliganLands

ColliganLands PlowSite.com Addict

i have an even mix of both actually more have prefered the seasonal contract this year
  3. fci

fci Senior Member

We had target stores change from seasonal to per inch pricing.
  4. grnstripes

grnstripes Senior Member

Have a good mix of bolth
    found this year though more people want sesonal after how much snow we had last year
    most places got plowed 54 times last year so they think a seasonal rate will save them
  5. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

My seasonals pay 100% up front. Makes it kind of hard to decide to switch.

HAPASNOW Junior Member
    from PA

Who is your contract with Target or US Maintenance?
  7. bridge577

bridge577 Member
    from ohio

When I was smaller I kept 50/50 on contracts. To make sure my bills were covered, even if it didn't snow. Today I do that with one residential and one large commercial for the same reason. But that is only for plowing not salt thats where I still make good money on the commercial. I got hammered a couple of times on seasonal contracts. I tell them now when it snow we'll work hard for you and you can pay the bill. That way no one loses or gets upset.
  8. QuadPlower

QuadPlower PlowSite.com Addict

50/50 this year.

I hope they are changing their minds prior to signing a contract. If they already signed, make them stick to it.

I had one guy want to pay per push until he hit the seasonal price and then he thought it would switch over to seasonal.
  9. stumper1620

stumper1620 Senior Member

Its amazing how many think that way...